With only three Fridays until Christmas, we thought we’d look ahead to the gift giving season and talk about how to give the perfect gift. Our number one tip, shop early! Enjoy the holiday season and check things off your list before Thanksgiving so that you can enjoy your family and friends and all that the season brings.
5 Tips To Give The Perfect Gift
- Brainstorm. Make a list of all the things the person is interested in and things that define who they are. Make this list long-spend at least two full minutes writing down as many things as you can. Now brainstorm something to go with every item on that list, small or big. You don’t have to give all of those gifts, but you’re going to hit on some cool ideas you wouldn’t have otherwise, and when you combine a few of them, your giftee will appreciate how personal and thoughtful you were.
- Make it a surprise. Nothing is more exciting than not knowing what someone buys for you. It says that you put thought into buying for them and didn’t just ask for a wishlist.
- Do some stalking. Most people have a wishlist on file at their favorite store or online. If all else fails, go through their Facebook History or other social forums for clues.
- Make the present an event. Try playing a game or creating a scavenger hunt to add to the experience of gift giving.
- Don’t give a gift card. Giving a gift card basically says I don’t know enough about you.
Hot Holiday Gift Trends for 2016
Here are what the experts are saying will be the hottest holiday gifts this season.
1. Tassels. Whether is on your bag or on a keychain…it’s definitely on several hot item gift lists.
2. Orbit. We all lose our keys. It’s practical and a great stocking stuffer. Oprah thinks so too.
3. Puffer Vests. They go with everything and are a great layering piece.
4. Coloring Books. Coloring isn’t just for kids anymore. It’s therapeutic and helps those brain cells stay fresh.
5. Pom Knit Hats. Nothing is cuter on anyone than pom pom.
6. Corkcicle. The Yeti is out. Don’t forget to personalize it for that extra thoughtful touch.
7. Christo Cuff. We don’t know why we didn’t come up with this ourselves but it’s genius…three bracelets in one!
8. Plaid. From jackets to vests to tunics to tees. You can’t go wrong with plaid.
9. Lipsense. All the celebrities are wearing it and now your friends and family can too. This stuff is kiss proof, water proof, smudge proof. You name it.
10. Tote Bags. Because more often than not you can’t fit it all in that crossbody purse.
11. Alex and Ani Bangles. The more the better. Remember, layering is in. These tell a story and are a great way for you to connect to the giftee.
12. Boom Bowls. It’s a sound amplifier to increase the volume. Simply place your phone in the bowl. It’s made with acoustically designed ceramic that gives off crystal clear sound. Does not require any power.